Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!
We had a great weekend - I hope you did too! I did some cleaning and the never-ending laundry on Saturday. We watched the Hog game, and then went out to eat Saturday evening. I was given a gift card as a Christmas gift that was good at either Olive Garden or Red Lobster. The closest ones to us happen to share a parking lot! My choice would ALWAYS be Olive Garden, but Larry was in the mood for some shrimp, and since I wasn't cooking, I didn't care. I figured if one lot was more full than the other, that would be my choice! It was even, so the Lobster won. I had the Parmesan Tilapia - it was YUMMY!!

Sunday afternoon I went to see a movie with most of my family. My Dad and brother were wanting to see Clint Eastwood's latest movie "Gran Torino". Mom and I wanted to take my brothers children along, so we chose "Hotel for Dogs". I thought it was a cute movie. It was a nice distraction and good for several giggles, plus it had a happy ending! It was fun to listen to the kids giggling. Larry stayed home to watch football. My team is done, so my interest is too.

I spent a bunch of time throughout the weekend checking for updates on little Miss Harper Brown Stamps. It fascinates Larry that I don't "know" these people and yet I can be so concerned. It is sort of hard to describe, but I feel like I know them. I know you fellow bloggers feel the same way. Kelly seems like someone I could be friends with - the same as any of the bloggers I read on a regular basis. I was in awe Friday evening when I read the news about Harper, and it was almost a chain reaction - you could see posts going up on every ones blog requesting prayer for this sweet family. And the prayers are WORKING! Isn't God AWESOME?? Please continue to remember this family in your prayers, you can click on the button on the right for the latest on Harper's condition.

I hope you have a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I totally agree~I feel like I know Kelly and Harper's situation is so scary. I need to elaborate on my blog like you have to get even more prayers going)
Sounds like you had a fun weekend!