Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Creamy Pumpkin Dip

Sorry for being AWOP (Absent with out Posting) this week! I had my Southern Living at HOME Holiday Open House on Saturday. I was busy with the cooking and planning and stressing and the blog took a back seat. As did the picture taking, so I can't show you how pretty the Berry Punch looked, or the No-Bake Chocolate chip cookie pie, so you will just have to trust me that everything looked beautiful. And tasted pretty fantastic too!

One of the YUMMY treats I made for Saturday was this dip recipe. By now you know I am a fan of EASY, and this fits that requirement. If you are looking for an alternative to the pumpkin pie this year, this is it.

Creamy Pumpkin Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. Makes 5 cups.
Serve Dip with Gingersnaps.

Just in case I get crazy with the whole thought of 20+ people coming for Thanksgiving dinner and forget to say this later, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I HATE that I missed the Open House. There was just no way to squeeze it in. Jason and I spent the morning looking at things for the house, then I had to get a few things for Mackenzie for the Holly Ball, then Nutcracker practice then home to get ready as fast as possible for the Holly Ball. Lindsay said you had some great things, I'm sick about missing.

Lindsay said...

The food was yummy!!! Thanks for posting this yummy pumpkin dip recipe. Too bad you didn't get pics of the table--it was beautiful!
P.S. Love the new blog background!