Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little bit of cleaning got done

I've got company coming for Thanksgiving, so I need to get busy and get this house cleaned! I'm easily distracted, mostly when doing tasks I'm not fond of. So what started out as grand plans to clean the kitchen cabinets out, and organize their contents, ended up being organizing the counter tops and changing the window treatment. I've still got two more weeks to clean!
Close up of the Tea Towel I found in this quilt shop I love in Branson, Mo. I have all of these colors in my kitchen, so I was really excited when I found these, and napkins. Here's what I did with them:
I used a tension rod, and hung the napkins over it - no sewing necessary! I started with the center one, then the two ends, and finished up with the two in betweens. It looks really cute, and much more fall-ish than the white Battenburg lace that I had there.
Then I decided that all of the pretty pottery and glass in my bay window really needed to be washed, so I pulled all of that out of the window and gave it a bath in some warm soapy water. The window looked so bare, and I got to thinking about Thanksgiving, and that I would need to set up the Dining room table as a buffet, so I would have to clear my centerpiece off and put the pretty dishes away, so where would I put that centerpiece? AHA! The bay window!

Looks kind of pretty, don't you think? Now if I could just get that excited about the inside of the cabinets!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks very nice! Your house always does~esp. with all that SLAH! You're lucky to have that bay window as a great nook for decorating. Good luck with the rest of the cleaning!

Shannon said...

I just love days like that...puttering around the house. :) It looks great!