Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I got a good start on the decorating this weekend, but still have a LONG way to go. I wanted to show you a few things I have done, and some of my favorite decorations. Mr. and Mrs Claus are salt and pepper shakers that my Mom passed down to me. They sit on the cutest little green wooden bench. Rudolph is as old, if not older than me.
This is the Santa that I told about in my last post. His sleigh folds flat to store. All those little gifts are old perfume and jewelry boxes. I have to update the paper every few years because it tends to fade.
I'm still working on the garland. I was inspired by Nester's post and after much consideration about how to get it to stay up, we stuck some of those removable Command hooks to the bookcase because they do not want to work on the brick. I want to get some battery operated lights for it, because there is no where to plug it in.
Mr. Snowman is chillin' in his chair...
The coffee table in our Family Room. The antlers are just a few of Larry's souvenirs. He can tell you a story about each of them. I like how they look with the pine cone wreath and the leather.
That's it for the little tour, for now! I'm watching some football (GO VIKES!) and enjoying the Christmas music I chose for my playlist. I hope you have a great Monday!

No comments: