Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol: Top 5


The theme tonight is the Rat Pack, and we have a surprise Mentor! Jamie Fox stops by to offer advice to the Contestants. WOO HOO! We're getting down to the nitty gritty! No time for chit-chat, let's get to it! **SPOILER ALERT** Come back later if you don't want to know what happened tonight!
Kris Allen went first tonight with "The way you look tonight" WONDERFUL. Best yet IMO. Randy,Kara and Paula liked it, Simon did not. VOTE
Allison Iraheta turned 17 yesterday. She sang "Some one to Watch over me". She looked a LOT better tonight. Vocals were just okay for me. Randy, Kara and Paula liked it. Simon thinks she is in trouble. I think Simon may be right. No vote here.
Matt Giraud has been looking forward to this theme week. It's his thing. He chose "My Funny Valentine". Big song for the Dude that has spent so much time in the bottom three. I'm not sure he did enough with it to be safe. The Judges opinions were split - Randy and Kara were not fans and Paula and Simon were. No vote here.
Danny Gokey sang "Come Rain or Come Shine" SANG IT!! LOVED IT. Loved the vintage-look glasses too! Randy said Danny was the only one that could make and album and WIN. Kara told him he had been missing his swagger, and tonight he found his swag. Paula said he was STELLAR and he could see the finish line and Simon said he came out to prove a point. He felt like Danny was the best so far - Outstanding! VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!!
Adam Lambert sang "Feel Good,Feel Right" Randy thought it was a little theatrical, (ya think?) Kara said he was shocking, in a good way. I started voting about the time Paula started talking and didn't catch what she or Simon said. Didn't matter to me because my opinion has been formed. No vote here.
Danny and Kris were the Best tonight. Matt, or possibly Allison go home.
What did you think tonight?? Let's Discuss!!

3 comments:

Kritter Krit said...

Here's my (totally worthless) opnion on the matter...

I think AI is rigged. Well, maybe not “rigged” exactly, but I definitely think Simon has an agenda. One he pushes - heavily. I mean, he’ll say something negative about a performance (even if it was flawless - even if I think HE THINKS it was flawless) just to try to sway the voters. Take Allison for example. She was pretty darn close to perfection last night. Looked great, sounded amazing. Strong, pure power in her voice. What’s to complain about? Enter Simon, who claims she “doesn’t care about winning”. Ha! I think the man fancies himself a Puppeteer. Ooo ah ah… Pull the strings and watch America dance to my commands.

It really irks me sometimes.

Hmm. Perhaps I’m a tad too emotionally invested in this stinkin’ show. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see Adam in the bottom 3. FINALLY!!!

Lindsay said...

You know Gokey's my man! I want Adam to get 2nd place, Kris 3rd...