Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol: Top 4

I know, it's only Rock-n-Roll, BUT I LIKE IT!

Tonight is rock week with Slash as the mentor. Are you like me and didn't know that Slash was a who, and not a what? Good thing Ryan filled us in that Slash was the lead guitarist for Guns-n-Roses. Now THEM, I know! This should be interesting, because we have two contestants who are obviously rockers, and two - not so much. I think it will be interesting to see how everyone does!

Adam started things out tonight in typical Adam style. He chose "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin. Side note: this is the first time this song has been approved to be heard on Idol.
Let's be honest. At this point in the competition, your opinion has most likely been formed. Unless the performance by the contestant just really flops, it probably isn't going to sway your vote at this point. That is, if you vote. I do, but not for Adam.

Allison is up next with some "Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin. Our local FOX station had audio problems through most of her song, so we didn't get to hear it. I did hear the part where she told Ryan about going to Adam's hair stylist this week. You could tell - she has the longer version of Adam's hair now. I like her, but no vote.

Next, we were treated to yet another First for this season. Tonight there will be two duet performances. The first duet tonight is Kris and DANNY singing "Renegade" by Styx. I think this is a neat new addition to the show, but WHAT are they thinking putting the two, not so much rockers together? Rubbing salt in the wound? No voting on the duet performances (thankfully). I do think they harmonized well together.

Kris is next with "Come Together" by the Beatles. He had originally wanted to do Revolution and I have to wonder if that would have been better. I really like Kris, but he could be in trouble. No vote.

My FAVORITE! (I told you, opinions have been formed!) Danny chose "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Not his best performance to date, but I think he'll be safe. I VOTED

The final performance tonight was Adam and Allison performing "Slow Ride". I have to say that this was my favorite performance tonight. Their voices really compliment each other. No huge surprise, since these are the two obvious rockers. I enjoyed it because Adam wasn't screaming.

So what do you think? Who is your Favorite? Who do you think is in trouble this week? Let's Discuss! For more thoughts on this week's Idol, hop on over to BooMama's Blog. She graciously hosts a little Idol Linky party every week!

2 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

I think Adam rocked it, like there was any doubt that would happen, and Danny blew it.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Chris said...

Hi Sherri! I came over from Boomama. You cracked me up saying that you didn't know Slash was a WHO, not a WHAT - because I didn't know either!

Danny's my favorite too; I think he did okay with much of the song, but at the end, not so much!

I loved the duets; my favorite part of the night.