Tuesday, May 12, 2009

American Idol: TOP 3

Tonight marks the 300th episode of Idol. Congratulations! And thank you for for all the enjoyment you have brought to our living rooms! After the Top Three were treated like Royalty during their home town visits, it's time to get down to business. They must sing two songs tonight, one that the Judges choose for them, and one they chose for themselves.

Up first is my favorite - Milwaukee native Danny Gokey. Paula chose "Dance, Little Sister" by Terrence Trent Darby. Not what I would have picked, but They didn't ask me. I don't think Paula should have gotten to choose either. Danny did a good job with the hand he was dealt. Randy and Paula both thought he did really good. The most negative thing Kara and Simon could come up with is they didn't like his dancing. HELLO! This is a SINGING competition.

For Danny's personal choice he went with "You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker. He changed the arrangement up a bit and it was nice. Good Job! VOTE!! VOTE!! VOTE!!!

Local Guy, Kris Allen is from Conway, AR. Kara and Randy chose " Apologize" by One Republic for Kris' first performance tonight. He played the piano and did a really good job. The Judges were all impressed too.

"Heartless" by Kanye West was Kris' personal choice. He went with the acoustic guitar and no band. Great Decision. VOTE.

Time out for a mini Rant. I don't think it is fair that Adam got the coveted last spot again this week. (his duet with Allison last week) I also think it stinks that the Judges have all but crowned him Idol Goddess. I think they are stacking the deck by having Simon choose the song for Adam too.

And I am hoping he chose to do a repeat performance of "Ring of Fire" for his personal choice song tonight.

Adam Lambert travelled home to San Diego this week. Simon called U2 personally to request permission for Adam to perform "One". For me it was just more screaming from him, and more gushing from the Judges.

For his personal choice, much to my dismay, Adam chose "Crying" by Aerosmith. Again, with the screaming. We get it. You want to be a rock star. I'm sure someone will pick you up.

In a perfect world, Danny and Kris will be the two Finalists, and then I will be happy no matter who is declared the winner. But I'm very afraid I will be sad tomorrow evening.

What do you think? Let's Discuss!!

1 comment:

Cindy Swanson said...

Sherri, I couldn't agree with you more! Including the Adam rant. I'm a huge fan of Danny, and will be really disappointed if he's not in the finale...but Kris was also amazing tonight. You're right, in a perfect world it would be the two of them, but you and I both know this world is far from perfect. :(