Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Idol Finale

Tonight is the final performance night for Season Eight. It makes me a little sad to see it come to an end. We have our little routine down, rush home from work on Tuesday night, cook something quick and take our positions in front of the TV. Handsome Prince has the recliner, and I have a big comfy chair. I have my make-shift office - TV Tray with the laptop, pen and legal pad for note taking. Typing that, we sound like we might be a bit pathetic! We do enjoy us some Idol!

Wow! What a talented bunch of young people there were this year! Did I just sound like my Mom? There were several Contestants I really liked this year. Scott was an inspiration and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for him - I bet as a singer/songwriter/producer he will be successful. Anoop had a lovely voice, and I don't think we have heard the last of him. I was really sad to see my little Danny go last week, but I know he will get a record deal and I can't wait to buy it!

There were a few that were disappointing. I really thought Michael and Matt had more potential than we saw from them. For Lil, I think she never got comfortable with the big stage and Alexis was a victim of the fact that there was just SO MUCH talent this year. Allison is just a young'n - you KNOW we are going to hear more from that fiery girl!

Then there are those that I am still shaking my head at. Nick?Norman? WHAT were they thinking?? Megan Joy, had a last name, lost a last name stayed WAY longer than I ever thought she should. What a journey this has been!

And it ALL boils down to the Final Two tonight. Adam and Kris will sing three songs each - one of their choice, one that Simon Fuller chose for them, and the song written just for the winner, to be their first single. Judge Kara was one of the co-writers. They flipped a coin backstage, and Adam will perform first.

Adam went with "Mad World" for his personal choice. Mr. Fuller chose "Change is gonna Come" and the song that was written for the single is called "No Boundaries". Y'all, I just can't imagine listening to an entire CD of this guy. All that screaming just gets on my nerves, and I can not watch him sing. The whole black nail polish, tight pants and tongue sticking out just grosses me out. I can't get past it.

Kris was at the piano for his personal choice, "Ain't No Sunshine". For Mr. Fuller's pick, "What's Goin' On" he played the guitar, and for "No Boundaries" he just belted it out. Now with Kris, I can totally imagine spending the money and listening to his CD, OVER AND OVER. He has a beautiful, pleasing voice. Judge Kara described it best tonight - Kris draws you in and makes you feel as if he is singing just to you.

I'm not even going to pretend to be impartial - I think you know me better than that by now! I REALLY want Kris to win. LOVE HIM! And I am hoping that it took me until 10:15 to get through to cast my vote is a good sign! We'll find out tomorrow!

What do you think? Let's discuss your Idol thoughts!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good recap of the season! I think we'll be seeing at least all the Top 10 on tonight's (long) results show; that should be fun!