Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baked Chicken Breast

My Mom shared this recipe with me and it is one of my favorites! It is NOT diet food - very rich, but filling. I make a big pot of rice and a veggie and dinner is served.

Baked Chicken Breast
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast (thawed)
6 slices bacon (not cooked)
1 package dried beef (I use the jar of Armour brand - usually by the tuna at Walmart)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
8 ounce cream cheese
pepper to taste

Pepper chicken breast (do NOT salt - the dried beef and bacon will take care of that for you). Wrap bacon around each breast. Place a layer of dried beef in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top. In a saucepan, mix soup, sour cream and cream cheese together. Pour over the top and cover with foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Remove foil and brown. Serve over rice.

Sorry, no pictures - I didn't have time to cook last night!

No comments: