Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend we celebrated my Mommy's 70th Birthday! We had a late lunch because I Cooked! I fixed all her favorites. Our menu included a salad, Cavatini and garlic bread and Pumpkin bars for dessert! Yummy!

What is Cavatini you ask?

WAAYY back in the day, Pizza Hut offered a pasta dish on their menu. Larry and I would treat ourselves to this on payday Fridays. I picked it apart until I came up with a "formula" of my own. Here is what I do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 small Green Peppers, diced

1 can sliced Mushrooms (I use Green Giant)

1 Lb. mild pork sausage, browned and drained

1 pkg. Pepperoni, cut in to quarters ( I get Hormel in the pillow pack, use about half)


Combine 1 cup of each of these pasta, boil and drain

Rotini
medium shells
Penne

1 Large Jar of Prego Fresh Mushroon Spaghetti Sauce

2 jars of Ragu Pizza sauce

1 Cup shredded Parmesan Cheese

2-3 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Use a large cake pan (9x13) combine all ingredients except the cheeses. Stir until sauce completely coats the pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and end with the Mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.

Feeds an army! (ok, 6 adults and 4 children!)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sounds yummy! It sounds similar to a dish my friend gets at Jim's Razorback Pizza, but I think they call it Cavatelli.