Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol: Wild Card Round

My goodness! My Thursday night TV plate is FULL! We decided to watch Idol, and then watch Survivor after so that we could fast forward through all the commercials! BEST way to watch TV. Gotta love the DVR! Getting down to business, **SPOILER ALERT** If you don't want to know the results yet, come back later!

The Wild Cards were all decided by the Judges this evening. They had the eight contestants perform, and then they chose the contestants they felt deserved to go through. Here's how it went:

Jessie Langseth sang "Tell me something good" I didn't like it. Neither did the judges

Matt Giraud - "Who's Lovin' You" I did! The judges seemed to also.

Megan Joy Corkrey - "Black Horse in a Cherry Tree" I thought it was okay. Judges seemed okay with it too.

Von Smith - "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" I wasn't a fan, seemed a little creepy to me. The judges weren't real pleased with it either.

Jasmine Murray - "Reflection" VERY GOOD. Judges liked it too.

Ricky Braddy - "Superstitious" Not so good

Tatianna Del Toro - Made the HUGE mistake of singing the exact same song "Saving all my love for you" She does have a voice, she just GETS ON MY NERVES.

Anoop Desai - "My Prerogative" GREAT! Judges thought so too.

If I were voting, my choices for tonight are Matt, Jasmine and Anoop. Except I'm not voting, the judges are deciding and they choose:

JASMINE MURRAY YAY! Good Choice.
MEGAN JOY CORKREY Tattoo girl is IN. At this point I am worried that they ARE trying to even the BOY/GIRL ratio. Then they announce that the twelfth spot goes to:
MATT GIRAUD Yay! I got this right.

Oh NO! No 'NoopDog?? BUT WAIT! Simon has an announcement! The Judges talked it over, and made the decision that this year we will have a TOP 13! ANOOP IS IN!!

I was very pleased with the choices tonight. Especially since Tatianna should be on her way home now. I'm not sure why they wasted a choice with her. Oh well, it's getting late and I need to call it a night!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Thank you for this recap! I just now got caught up with my DVR'd Idol's (yes, on Sunday night!) and my recording stopped with one chair left!!!! I was so mad but knew I could hop online to hear the results, not knowing I missed that they decided on 2 more people! Wow! And good riddance Tatiana!!